Sunday, October 2, 2011

In Limbo

Another week, another couple of blood tests showing no increase in neutrophils. Fortunately, platelets are climbing, and red blood cells are holding, so I don't need transfusions.

I have a biopsy scheduled for October 10, in case this week shows no improvement. Blood counts can only suggest what is or isn't happening in the marrow. To really know, you have to get a piece of the marrow.

I guess it's not really Limbo. When you're in Limbo, you don't know when or if you're getting out. With the biopsy on my calendar, I do have an end in sight for what has been weeks of waiting for the neutrophils to get off the floor. In a week from tomorrow, either they will have started to climb or I'll be getting a biopsy.

In more definitive news, the Red Sox granted its younger fans full citizenship to Red Sox Nation, adding 2011 to the pantheon of exquisitely painful season-ending games: 2003, 1986, 1978, 1975... Now the kids get it.

1 comment:

  1. I'd mentioned that you might want to skip _Contagion_ in the theaters. But -- should you be looking -- _Moneyball_ is well done and totally entertaining. I don't think Brad Pitt's ever been better (but that's a really low bar). More important it satisfied my new swoony crush on statistics.

    Anyhoo, Fenway Park makes a cameo appearance at the end of the movie, just before they head into the 2003 season. I think you and Jan would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete