Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another Quick Update

I know I have left people hanging by not posting more regularly, and that creates concern. You can relax.

I'll have more to say about my bladder infection and its treatment in a future (and I hope not too distant) post. It won't be for the squeamish, which might be why I'm putting off writing about it. The family-friendly summary is that I went back into the hospital on Monday, and I have progressed from almost always uncomfortable and frequently in great pain to occasionally uncomfortable and rarely in pain, and that pain is not as bad as before.

Unlike the infections I have fought through before transplant, this infection does not interfere with the overall treatment/recovery plan.

As for the recovery from transplant, that is going well. The preliminary biopsy results show no leukemia and typical quantities of various cell types at this point after a transplant, but we won't know for sure until the more accurate test results are in, either late this week or some time the week after.

6 comments:

  1. Just catching up with your January posts Joe! Glad to read that things seem to be moving in the right direction. Here is to a healthy 2012 for you!

    Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Leukemia cells - AWESOME!!!! Go Joe!!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking those preliminary biopsy results

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing what you're going through with all of us. I can imagine that it has given you and your family some measure of comfort: your writing is something that, unlike what is going on in your body, you can control. I admire your bravery and appreciate your writing. You are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joe,

    I didn't know anything about the leukemia until today (when I spoke with your dad), but I've caught up on your blog. Maxine and I and all of us are rooting for this latest treatment to be effective.

    Best,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete