Thursday, February 17, 2011

An Incredible Tease

Counts: We don't even talk about counts anymore when the doctors come around. Too little going on in the counts, and too much going on elsewhere.

Mile 1 -- 14:33
Mile 2 -- 14:39

As I walk toward the nighttime windows at the west end of the corridor, I am walking toward my own reflection coming at me, so I visually feel like I'm striding along at a superhuman sub-7:30 pace. Right near the end, the lighting is such that I become silhouetted. With my bald head, yellow smock, blue gloves, and (I know) bright red eyes, I am a powerful and terrifying figure who Will. Not. Lose. At least in my own mind. Which is where it matters.

Not negative splits tonight, though they would have been had I not decided to slow down as a precaution. The elevated pulse was hurting the site of Wednesday night's Midnight Surprise Emergency Oral Surgery, so I backed down to a pace that didn't hurt the surgery site.

The Midnight What?!, I can hear you asking.

Oh, that casual aside only scratches the surface of what has gone on the last couple of days, which I wanted to record more promptly but was unable to make the time for. And not for you, but for myself. I want to get as much of it down as I can, but I know rest comes first. I'll get to it.

And so ends the incredible tease.

Current status: Feeling good. Surgery appears to have been successful. Mara has started her injections and cells will be harvested Monday. Still no decision on when it will be best to transplant.

You've missed a lot, but it's not clear anything significant has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment