Saturday, February 19, 2011

No News IS Good News

When I don't make a blog post for the day, that has typically meant things were not going well. In those cases, no news had meant bad news.

Today, there is no significant news to report, which is good news. I enjoy uneventful days.

Having been freed yesterday afternoon from the contact restrictions that confined me to the corridor and, when out of the room, to a mask, smock over my gown, and gloves, I am back to running (walking) the larger sixth-floor maze. Last night, I covered roughly 2 miles (based on time).

Tonight, I used what I knew of my walking pace to determine a half-mile course through the non-patient part of the sixth floor. My first attempt was about 30 seconds short, so I added a leg down a dead-end corridor. The second pass came out just about right. Then I jogged the third lap and walked the fourth.

3 comments:

  1. Joe, you are an inspiration. I wanted you to know that reading about your herculean efforts to stay active and eat a healthy diet in the most inhospitable of circumstances has given me a new motivation to return to my former healthier exercise schedule and diet, which I've let slip over the past few years. It's also brought back many of my fondest memories, of long runs and lentil soup potlucks with the two Joes, Jan, and Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joe
    perhaps you will improve things there-keep up the constructive comments -they need to hear them- our family is following you posts very closely - you have a great attitude- you are a fighter and have the patience to stay with the "race" .

    Thanks for keeping us posted. I told Jan that we'd be happy to take Paul places he needs to go if you all need that kind of support. As near as I can tell, you are exercising more then I am- keep it up.

    Warm regards to the only guy who can explain "offsides" to me so that I understand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Joe, will you please explain "offsides" to ME so I can understand it! Thanks, in advance! Much love!!!

    ReplyDelete