Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Transfusion of Sisterly Love

Counts
Platelets: 14 (after transfusion yesterday)
Hemoglobin: 8.1 (probably getting a transfusion tomorrow)
Neutrophils: too few to count
Monocytes: 4%, up from 1% the day before

This last number is a whiff of a glimmer of a hint of the start of the rebound. Maybe tomorrow I'll be up to a glimmer of a hint.

= = =

My sister Lauren has been visiting since Sunday evening, and she's leaving tomorrow. My sister Mara arrived this afternoon. Mara got a ride to the hospital from the airport from my cousin Jessica. Thanks, Jess!

Mara, Lauren, and Jessica
Mara brought a few treats, including this essential accessory
for my pirate cap.

Also, lots of chocolate, including a tiny chocolate mouse,
perched on my hand.

3 comments:

  1. So, the third photo shows the mouse on your hand, with its red tail. And the fourth photo shows just the red tail in your mouth... my question: was it good?

    You look great! You're doing great! Your family's great! That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pirate, enjoying his bloody chocolate mousse/mouse. Hope it held a plethora of platelets.
    Seriously, I can definitely relate to the over-riding theme - sisterly love. They're always there when you need them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mice=red meat=iron=hemoglobin=improved counts=go home sooner! Eat lots of mice.

    ReplyDelete